Thursday, April 05, 2007

Meet the Friendly Folks of Whispertown2000

-Hi there... good to have you with us. Don't be shy now, come pull up a chair and pour yourself some brown liquor n' ice.

-Now that you're all settled in, I have a little treat to share with you... some candy for the old eardrums, if you will. Let me introduce you to a band by the name of Whispertown2000. They're five good people from Los Angeles, who play music that'll make you smile. Though they reside in the bustling city of LA, don't hold it against them, because these kids have themselves a true country soul.

-Alright, do yourself a favor and drop that needle on "Restless." Don't you just love that vinyl pop. Despite it's title, "Restless" revels in its slow pace. When I close my eyes, I can see Morgan and Vanessa's dual vocal melodies floating through a dusty, pine shaded road. The melodic lines and acoustic strum feel as if soaked by the sun - left unaware of the accelerating world. A perfect treat for you city dwellers.

- Seems like a good time to put on "Through a Hole." With a clanging dinner triangle and all, this song is meant to be heard around the campfire. I'm no songwriter myself, but I know a good melody when I hear it, and "Through a Hole" is crafted from timeless American melodies. You'll discover this after a few listens, when the tune holds in your mind and escapes as a whistle when you least expect it.

-Well I think you got yourself a good idea about what makes Whispertown2000 special, now go explore them for yourselves!

Have some tunes:

[mp3] Whispertown2000 - Restless
[mp3] Whispertown2000 - Through a Hole

Enjoy a film:


1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

the mp3s aren't working..?

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home