Friday, March 23, 2007

Eluvium lets us rest in Copia


I have made it through another finals week relatively unscathed and my ego fractured to only a minor extent. Locking myself away into tombs where social excursions are bedded for intellectual wordings, I always find myself putting together mixtapes of the instrumental pedigree. The rise and fall of string arrangements and punch and pounce of horns has always seemed to be the perfect background sounds to help reduce my 10th week stress level before it peaks out and sends me over the edge.

My favorite addition to my study music has been Eluvium’s new album of intelligent, instrumental ambience, Copia. I have long been a fan of the piano balladry of Eluvium’s multi-instrumentalist and only true member, Matthew Cooper. Initially being introduced to the band a few years back as he opened for Temporary Residence label mates, Explosions In The Sky, Eluvium’s piano based orchestrations have always reminded me of a slow drifting winter’s sky, the kind of scene that makes it impossible to not stay calm despite whatever pressures lay beyond the horizon or back in the confines of any lecture hall.

[mp3] EluviumRadio Ballet
[mp3] EluviumGenius And The Theives (from An Accidental Memory In The Case Of Death)


Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

you made it! now for spring break mixtapes?

1:17 PM  
Blogger Wayne Massingham said...

Copia is such a serene album, something to just relax to in a tranquil way

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home