Monday, January 22, 2007

Motivate That Step

I didn't have much reason to celebrate this weekend. On Saturday night, someone decided they were the rightful owner of my ipod, and stole it from my car - shattering my front window in the process. Outside of dancing all over this _____'s face, I currently have little motivation to dance, enjoy a beat or even tap my foot. What better time for a dance music round-up! I'm feeling better already...

Justice
This post goes out to my pal Morgan for guiding me into the world of Justice. Though I was blind, now I see. While the French duo (Gaspard Auge and Xavier de Rosnay) have only a few scattered releases, they've stayed in the spot light with their ingenious remixes. If you haven't heard "We Are Your Friends" or watched the video, go here now. Sometime this year Justice's D.A.N.C.E. EP will be released, along with the groups first full length. For now buy Waters of Nazareth on emusic or find more music on Hype Machine.

[www] Justice - Phantom (Part 1)


Sebastien Grainger
For a while, I thought the much missed other-half of DFA1979 was lost forever; however, my prayers have been answered, and Sebastien is back. Strangely, he sounds like he's been hanging out with MSTRKRFT. What happened to all these irreconcilable differences? Either way it's nice to have him back. Sebastien will even be opening the Bloc Party shows at the Wiltern! Rad.

[www] Sebastien Grainger - When You Go Out



New Young Pony Club
Got this little treat in the mail last week, and thought I'd share one of their catchy, hip shaker tracks. "Ice Cream" is the song that may turn UK's New Young Pony Club into a hit. It's no surprise that the group has already received a lot of attention. Tahita's disillusioned, robot voice is the perfect picture of the indie dance movement. They even have a cow bell. Get more tracks at Hype Machine.

[www] New Young Pony Club - Ice Cream

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home