Thursday, January 04, 2007

Brian Wilson's final Pet Sounds performances

“... Jesus, that ear. He should donate it to The Smithsonian.” – Bob Dylan

“It was Pet Sounds that blew me out of the water. I love the album so much. I've just bought my kids each a copy of it for their education in life.” – Paul McCartney

“I think he's a truly, truly, truly great genius.” – Pete Townsend

“Brian Wilson is, without a doubt, a pop genius.” – Eric Clapton

With Pet Sounds still celebrating its 40th anniversary, Brian Wilson has been out and performing the album in full with original Beach Boy, Al Jardine. With the tour stopping by UCLA’s Royce Hall back in November, I thought that I would have the perfect opportunity to see one of my musical idols live for the first time while performing Pet Sounds, in its entirety, for the last time. But with classes, midterms, and bad luck I was left dreaming about what that experience would have been like. Luckily Brian was able to give me one of the greatest Christmas gifts this year when he announced the final performances of the final Pet Sounds tour to be here on the West Coast. Some tickets are still available and eBay is always an option for you diehards that don’t mind forking out the big dough. This is the last time you will ever get to hear Pet Sounds performed in its entirety by as close to the real Beach Boys as you will ever get.

[mp3] The Beach BoysHang On To Your Ego (Alternate Version)

[mp3] The Beach BoysHang On To Your Ego
(Sessions)
[mp3] The Beach BoysShe’s Goin’ Bald
[mp3] Brian WilsonIn Blue Hawaii

1/26/07 – Terrace Theater, Long Beach, CA (tix)
1/27/07 – 4th and B, San Diego, CA (tix)
1/28/07 – Paramount Theater, Oakland, CA (tix)
1/29/07 – Malibu Performing Arts Center, Malibu, CA

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

That would be amazing. But I don't know if I wanna play 70 bucks. Dilemma Major!

Hope the tickets stick around a tad longer!

3:17 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Alright, so I just got my ticket. See ya there!

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home