Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A lesson in Remixology

I forget my keys everywhere. Actually, I basically misplace every one of my belongings at least once during the course of the week. Not long ago I seemed to have thrown my wallet away with the outgoing garbage, which included all my credit cards, cash, and rebate checks (at least I was keeping clean). (Un)Fortunately, I happened to find that darn leather patch nearly three months later (rebate checks expired) lying on my closet shelf, tucked away behind some of my least favorite clothing.

The above mention mix-up usually drives me crazy and that’s when I call on the powers of the remixology to cure my insanity. It’s a wonderful thing these remixes. Some obscure artist takes one of your favorite songs, mutilates it, dismembers it, and then piles it together expecting us fans to find the new beheaded being attractive. Amazingly, these cut-ups sometimes become beautiful reinterpretations of the original as the following list displays. This goes out to all of you who are having a rough week and need a little help making it through “hump day.”

P.S. We love you JAX.

[www] The Little OnesLovers Who Uncover (Crystal Castles Remix)
[www] Mia Doi ToddMy Room Is White (Flying Lotus Remix)
[www] Thom Yorke - The Clock (Surgeon Remix)
[www] Grizzly Bear - Knife (Girl Talk Remix)
[www] The Knife - We Share Our Mother's Health (Ratatat Remix)
[www] Thom Yorke - Analyse (Various Remix)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home