Friday, January 26, 2007

The Brobecks Play For a Pleasant Tomorrow

In a music world freed from major label shackles, The Brobecks are amidst a blossoming music community, fueled by a DIY spirit, and finding it a smoother path to success. No one is target marketing their songs (except me), or paying them rock-star salaries to keep them motivated. The Utah native, four piece merely write music and release it. As the musical playing field is leveled, and talent becomes the only requirement - The Brobecks are destined to be first string.

The Brobecks are further evidence that the ever-moving pendulum of music, is currently arced at a point where rock bands are reacquainting themselves with pop music. The muddled beauty of post-punk has lost it's dominant presence in my life. I have fallen back in love with melody and beat. It feels as though my body has sluffed off its old, weathered skin, for the prospects of a fresh new existence. Thank God for the pendulum's ebb and flow.

Goodnight and Have a Pleasant Tomorrow, like most great pop music, shrouds its lamentations on love - with ambiguous storytelling and a healthy admiration for the Sun. It's about living West of California, on a bicycle made for two, all before being cut to pieces and sorted out by a girl you once loved. It's also about dancing. Like the pop resurgence of The Little Ones and Bloc Party (to name only a few), The Brobecks embrace an infectious chorus and foot tapping rhythm. However, it's in the album's theatricality that Goodnight... finds its uniqueness. The intro to "Goodnight
Socialite" and "Bike Right" show The Brobecks dabbling in the dramatic, and succeeding.

As a whole, Goodnight and Have a Pleasant Tomorrow proves the band has ambitious plans, but hasn't quite decided which
road to take. The album didn't leave me feeling scattered, but instead heightened my interest as to what path The Brobecks will eventually walk down.

[www] The Brobecks - Jacqui


Bonus Track:

[www] The Brobecks - Aeroplane

Come rock with them on tour:

02/02/2007 The Electric Theater - St. George, Utah

02/08/2007 Solid Ground Cafe - Sandy, Utah
03/10/2007 In the Venue - Salt Lake City, Utah
SXSW appearance
03/29/2007 Safari Sams - Hollywood, California
04/03/2007 The Launch Pad - Albuquerque, New Mexico
04/19/2007 Kilby Court - Salt Lake City, Utah
04/20/2007 Velour - Provo, Utah
04/21/2007 The Grind - Cedar City, Utah

8 Comments:

Blogger KatieDUH said...

YEAH these guys are pretty much AMAZING
I love everything about their music
they have an awesome sound and great voices in the band
they simply are the BEST

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Brobecks are totally rad. I love them a million times more than I did when I first heard them and I'm sure I will love them two million times more really soon!

xo
Miss Yang

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Brobecks are AMAZING! I love the lyrics to their song, the music, their live performance... all around AMAZING!

~Tara from Las Vegas

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this band! They are reppin' utah in the best way ever! Plus, all the guys are really laid back and fun to hang out with!

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Brobecks are the BEST active band around, bar none! I should know. I am a veteran to there shows (I think only the Brobecks themselves can beat me) as I have seen them a total of 19 times, and each time I find myself more impressed with them than the last show. There beats are amazing, vocals are above par, and the music can't get any better.

If you have not seen them you should soon!

-Florance!

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Utah's best local band in my opinion. I love these guys! Entertaining shows, incredible CD. These guys should be huge. It's just a matter of time...

-kristy

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been to alot of concerts in my life time...believe me! But let me tell you about the best one I've EVER been to in my life and it was FREE!

Anyway,one night my husband and I went to the Hard Rock Cafe in SLC for dinner. A radio station was holding a contest there that night. We had just started our meal when the first band started playing. (I'm being kind, they were really strumming instuments, banging drums and yelling into microphones) My husband and I were struggling to keep from asking the waiter to bring us some to go boxes, the noise was really getting to us.

As we ate we noticed that young folks by the dozens kept filing in to the restuarant, not to eat but to listen to this. We were amazed! We couldn't help but wonder why people liked that noise.

The next band took the stage. The first sound they made the audience went wild! Simutaneously, their hands were in the air and the band knew they had IT. Yep - the IT that every band wants. Their audience was captured, and they were in charge and full of confidence. Energy filled the room. The crowd of people now made sense to me, they were fans of the Brobecks. I was captivated by the whole scene and knew I was in for something special and unique. Before the end of the first song, I found myself standing on my bench in my booth, trying to see over the tops of peoples heads to catch a glimps of these musicians. I too was caught! They're AMAZING! These young men know how to write, play, sing, and ENTERTAIN. They have IT all! I and my husband are HUGE fans of this band.
GET FAMOUS ALREADY!
P.S. I LOVE your CD. I bought lots of them and have shared them with my co-workers neighbors and friends. Good luck to the Brobecks!

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wonder if my mom wrote that last one. maybe.

-Dallon

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home