Saturday, November 25, 2006

Bloc Party - The Prayer

Bloc Party are preparing to release their sophomore album, Weekend in the City, and it makes me wonder where all the time has gone. My mind jumps back to the end of 2004 when I first heard "Tulips" and "Banquet," then to my obsession with Silent Alarm / Silent Alarm Remixed, and finally to my experience with Bloc Party at Coachella last year.

Weekend in the City has a lot to live up to, and frontman Kele Okereke has made statements insuring the album's new direction. Vice sent us the new single earlier this week, and we wanted to share it with you.

Bloc Party - The Prayer (stream)

[mp3] Bloc Party - Kele talking about "The Prayer"

After several listens, I'm really enjoying it, although I hope to hear more variety out of the remainder of the album.. What are your thoughts?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SIMPLY AWESOME THESE DOODES ARE GONNA BE HAWT IN 2007 =]]

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home