Monday, September 11, 2006

Remy Zero Returns

“Imagine one of your favorite bands ever broke up and you called them up and said ‘would you come and play a show for me and my friends?’ and they said ‘sure.’” As annoying as many seem to find Zach Braff lately (anybody catch American Dad last night?), I understood how he felt as he introduced Remy Zero on Indie 103. The show was part of a promotional stint for The Last Kiss soundtrack which is supposedly going to be the follow up to the Garden State soundtrack, the signature indie mixtape for every sixteen year old and their mom. As it turns out though, the music to accompany The Last Kiss is more an advertisement for the Hotel Café and the 30-something, easy listening that Braff seems to be obsessed about.

After breaking up in 2003, subsequently turning their website into a tombstone, the Remy Zero members began focusing on their own separate projects. Fortunately for us fans, this three year hiatus has allowed the band members time to work on new sounds and directions, something that should be exciting to hear as they bring it together in some new recordings. But until then go ahead and grab a listen to the NEWEST Remy Zero song “Anger” as recorded live from the radio show.

Remy Zero returns live on Indie 103.1

[mp3] Remy ZeroIntro
[mp3] Remy ZeroProphecy
[mp3] Remy ZeroInterview #1
[mp3] Remy ZeroFair
[mp3] Remy ZeroInterview #2
[mp3] Remy ZeroAnger
[mp3] Remy ZeroInterview #3
[mp3] Remy ZeroHermes Bird
[mp3] Remy ZeroOutro

Remy Zero side projects:
Spartanfidelity.com
Soundisidore.com
Sleepwellmusic.com

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are they seriously getting back together!? You just made me so happy. (I'm still trying to track down a copy of Villa Elain, maybe it will become a lot more easier to find now.)

3:50 PM  
Blogger Will said...

That is the best news I have heard all day. As for Braff, I can't tell whether he's trying to turn the easy listening crowd onto indie rock, or just trying to turn indie rock into easy listening. Regardless, I'm thrilled to hear some new Remy Zero.

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joshuasbones: were you talking about the b-side called "Villa Elaine" or the album in general? The album is pretty easy to come by but as for the b-side, send me an email and I might be able to point you in the right direction.

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

King, I've been looking for these songs since the show first aired. The video used to posted on Rehearsals but that's all changed. The links are dead on this posting and I wondering if there's any way I can get the mp3s from you? Either by reactivating the links, email or some other method. Please let me know. Thanks!

2:48 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I would love these mp3s as well as any other live ones. I used to have one of "Perfect Memory" ages ago, with different lyrics, but must ave accidentally deleted it over the years.

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will these links ever be fixed?

12:39 PM  
Anonymous sex shop blog said...

Wow, there's so much worthwhile information here!

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home