Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Mandatory attendance

By reading this you are now bound by law to attend all of these great shows. Also you must introduce yourself to us after the show. We'll be waiting outside. Seriously.

Deerhoof Sept 6th @ The Troubadour
I saw a bit of their show at Coachella, and was pretty floored by the drumming alone. This big cloud of chaos descended upon the stage for about a minute at a time, then suddenly everything would fall silent, making way for their female lead singer to offer a soft, soothing melody. Once delivered, the band quickly tore apart the silence with a fit of guitars and drums.

[mp3] Deefhoof - Dummy Discards a Heart




Serena Maneesh Sept 23rd @ The Troubadour
I beg you not to miss this show. Wish you were around for the Velvet Underground, and/or My Bloody Valentine? This show will ease those nostalgic and impossible dreams. Just calling Serena Maneesh a VU descendent is unfair, because they are such a unique voice, and deserve to stand on their own as a band. FYI - this show will be really loud. I just threw some toilet paper up the old canals and was all good, but I think I saw blood coming out of everyone else's ears.

[mp3] Serena Maneesh - Un Duex



Beirut Oct 21st @ The Troubadour




Duh. Just read these posts to find out why.






More mandatory shows:
Cold War Kids Sept 8th @ The Troubadour
The Black Keys Sept 13th @ The Troubadour/ Sept 14th @ Avalon
Ratatat Sept 20th @ The Troubadour
Grizzly Bear Sept 28th @ Spaceland
Man Man Oct. 5th @ Spaceland
Sufjan Stevens Oct. 9th @ Wiltern
The Blood Brothers Oct 10th @ Amoeba (Free)
Thunderbirds are Now! Oct 14th @ Spaceland
Xiu Xiu Nov 9th @ Echo
Wolf Eyes Nov 13th @ Echo

(I wish I could write on all these bands, but at this point RC ain't quite paying the rent. Yeah I know - Boo Hoo. I just really love this site, and wish I could make it a full time gig. Until tomorrow... Adios)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's the ticket links at guys? Definitely want to see Sufjan Stevens... checking out some of the other bands now.

8:16 PM  
Blogger BWH999 said...

Thanks for the support :)

The site will live on FOR SURE, and maybe even take on a new form (at some point).

Sorry Arpit no time for links. I trust you are resourceful enough to find the tix. They are either on ticketweb or ticketmaster.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Will said...

Let me second the wish that blogging could be a full-time gig. Maybe someday. Furthermore, I will hopefully fulfill my attendance requirement when these bands hit SF.

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might also want to mention that the Black Keys will be playing for free at Amoeba on Sept 12th.

Great list by the way. I might have included Junior Boys at the Troubadour on Sept 25th, and TV on the Radio at the Glass House on Sept 26th, but that's just me.

2:19 PM  
Blogger BWH999 said...

All good additions.

9:23 AM  
Blogger maude said...

whoa...grizzly bear is great. thanks.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home