Thursday, September 07, 2006

Love Song Mixtape: The Back to School Love Story

My grandparents met in 1925 on the first day of school. My grandma was a junior, my grandfather a sophomore. It’s one of those storybook romances that you hear about; boy meets girls, wants girl, gets girl, loses girl, and finally makes it up to her. But in talking to my grandmother and recalling the endless amount of times I have listened to her throbbing heart of a story, she never ceases to drive in those first few months of puppy love.

I am sure we have all experienced it to some extent or another, regardless of if it has worked out for us or not. First day of school, after a summer of sun whose last month seemed to go by too slowly, our eyes catch another’s that weren’t there before or we just never seemed to notice. Especially in the sea of new clothes and similar summer stories being shared, there seemed to be something special about this one. There were the secret whispers to your best friend to let them in on what you were hiding, the lunchtime planning to try and get their attention, the awkward glances in between algebra. What followed was utterly impossible to imagine amongst the innocence, the first time your hands awkwardly touched or at a party where, left in a back room that all your friends just seemed to leave at once, you are together alone at last.

The first kiss.

I guess I am still hopeful for this time of the year. The kids going back to school marks a new year for most, one that is accompanied with a lot of excitement and eagerness for change. It’s no wonder that back to school season and the browning and turning of fall are fertile ground for the love story. Far away from any heartbreaking, mid-February day, back to school captures the innocence of falling in love that true love is built around. Even if you are not going back to school at this time, the Content hopes this Love Song Mixtape can get you in the mood to find that special someone or remember what it was like back when you and your significant other met.

[mp3] DeVotchKaYou Love Me
[mp3] AqualungFalling Out Of Love
[mp3] The RonettesBe My Baby
[mp3] Clap Your Hands Say YeahIs This Love?
[mp3] Iron and WineLove and Some Verses (Demo)
[mp3] The Beach BoysGod Only Knows
[mp3] Jeff MangumI Love How You Love Me
[mp3] Jose GonzalezLove Will Tear Us Apart
[mp3] Magnetic FieldsAbsolutely Cuckoo
[mp3] RadioheadTrue Love Waits
[mp3] Roy OrbisionLove Hurts
[mp3] The White StripesFell In Love With A Girl
[mp3] The Little OnesLovers Who Uncover
[mp3] Golden StateCriminal
[mp3] The PipettesI Love You
[mp3] American Analog SetThe Postman
[mp3] The Righteous BrothersUnchained Melody
[mp3] Spartan FidelityNow/Here
[mp3] Rachael YamagataBe Be Your Love
[mp3] Red House PaintersHave You Forgotten (Vanilla Sky Version)

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merci pour cette magnifique chanson qu'est "true love waits". "my true love" est loin en ce moment, je l'écoute le coeur serré, en pensant à lui. Je t'aime mon amour.

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic mix but I am sad to see Otis Redding's "These Arms of Mine" missing.

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it is just a lie. It hasn't happened for me yet either pal but it gives me something to believe in and hope for.

And I wish I could read french. Anybody?

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Merci pour cette magnifique chanson qu'est "true love waits". "my true love" est loin en ce moment, je l'écoute le coeur serré, en pensant à lui. Je t'aime mon amour."

Here's a translation, more or less:

"Thanks for the magnificent song that is "True Love Waits." "My true love" is far away at the moment, I'm listening to it [the song] with a tattered heart, thinking of him. I love you, my love."

7:01 PM  
Blogger BWH999 said...

Thank you for the translation. That was an intense comment!

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Thanks a lot translatter.

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no problem. :)

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merci TransLatte(r)...(!) thanks for translate my comment ! and sorry for my french... and my english !
bonne écoute... or good listening (?!)

3:55 AM  
Blogger Will said...

All that's missing is Badly Drawn Boy who always seems to know how to describe my love life. These songs are great, as well. Content mixtapes are the shit.

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

King...I thought we exchanged a few glances and eager eyes in algebra way way back when. Finally, I can rest in peace knowing it's true!

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um...keeping the dream alive I guess. It would be nice to see your face again Ms. Anonymous (I really hope you are a girl because I'll be damned if the real secret gets out).

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I prefer Ms. Houshman...

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heard that you were looking for something interesting on content. Well, you have come to the right place for fresh information on content.

2:57 AM  
Anonymous Green Parks said...

Hello.. Firstly I would like to send greetings to all readers. After this, I recognize the content so interesting about this article. For me personally I liked all the information. I would like to know of cases like this more often. In my personal experience I might mention a book called Green Parks Costa Rica in this book that I mentioned have very interesting topics, and also you have much to do with the main theme of this article.

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Super Bowl Commercials 2012 said...

Thanks for the post. It was very interesting and meaningful.
Bot and me| Images|

3:44 AM  
Anonymous www.palencia-3d.com said...

I totally match with anything you have written.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home