Saturday, June 03, 2006

Love it/Hate it

The joys of polarizing music. The thick gristle of bass and shriek that would bring any rational soul to tears. Who in their right mind wants to listen to the apocalypse on their ipod? I'm not entirely sure why I love dystopic music, but I've come up with a theory.

There is something strangely soothing about giving up on enlightenment, and tapping into the world's under-current. The dark brooding force that pulsates under the 405 screaming, "Is this really life?"

In the words of Kramer, that theory is "sooooo played." People have been exposing society's thinly veiled facade since Plato's "Allegory of the Cave." Wrap your head around that for a second. It's been over 2000 years, and the human race has gotten nowhere. Ouch. Noise music is about giving up. It has no answers, and never claims to. Brutal honesty is nice sometimes.

Wolf Eyes - Stabbed in the Face

Black Dice - Untitled 14

Headwound City - Prick Class

The Locust - Brand New Set of Teeth

Blood Brothers - Guitarmy

I'd like to add a different kind of polarizing factor. I'm a big Xiu Xiu fan, but they can be as alienating as any Locust tune. His honesty might disrupt your comfort level, but it's well worth it. Here is a new song from his upcoming release Air Force.

Xiu Xiu - Boy Soprano

3 Comments:

Blogger jerkstore said...

*Xiu Xiu

2:02 PM  
Blogger BWH999 said...

:) Thank you. Late night post!

2:47 PM  
Blogger Kelvin said...

Hello from a krazy blogger down under in New Zealand. I was surfing the blog world when your blog popped up. It is very interesting. Can I mention it on the side bar of my music blog ?
Or you would be welcome to become a member of my music blog if you want.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home