Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Emily Haines Attacks! (or I’m Trying To Get Your Number #3)

Sometimes I can’t help myself. Beautiful women are death to my wellbeing, and I doubt I am alone in this phenomenon. It’s amazing the amount of walking corpses there are roaming the crowded city streets, all internally paralyzed from the amount of sticks and stones you women have thrust into our hearts and sides. Shame on you. You really should know better.

My recent attack of sting and slaughter is a product of the beautiful timbre and atmosphere that surrounds a Miss
Emily Haines. My aching, breaking breathlessness is a result of two hauntingly beautiful songs from her forthcoming debut, Knives Don’t Have Your Back. The songs, piano driven ballads, sung by the prettiest of ghosts, are just a sweet introduction to the haunt that Knives is sure to give us. Fortunately, this ghost will put herself on display come September as she stops by the Viper Room in support of Knives. Lloyd…I’m ready to be heartbroken.

“Like girls in stilettos”

[mp3] Emily Haines & the Soft SkeletonOur Hell or [stream] here
[mp3] Emily Haines & the Soft SkeletonThe Lottery

9/21/06 – Viper Room (2 shows) (Tix On Sale 8/18 @ 10am)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

right on! shine some light on this woman! i don't like her much in Metric, but her voice, dear god... I'll be at those shows without a doubt and the new album...all i can say is "yay!" like a 13 year old girl.


i should stop posting anonymous and just get an identity on this blog thing...

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would nice to see you come out of the shadows but I totally agree with you about Emily. See at the Viper Room. I won't be the one with the shiny shirt and leather pants.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

I do like her work in Metric! I especially like how she looks like a muppet when she plays the keyboards.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Will said...

Those women of indie rock will break your heart - whehter they're fronting the band or just playing the cello.

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Emily too. if only she was a kinder person.

But how did you manage to take the stream of Our Hell? It's amazing. Now if i could just find Doctor Blind...

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home