Thursday, July 20, 2006

Pitchfork Playlist Day 1

Last week I received an email from Ryan Schreiber saying that he wanted Rewriteable Content to do complete coverage of the Pitchfork Festival, all expenses paid. Pretty sweet huh? I thought so too, until I realized that was 5 AM and I had been dreaming. Dreaming or not, The Content will be attending the Pitchfork Festival in Chicago next week, no expenses paid. I know what you're thinking - no Content for 5 days! I'm sure we'll all survive.

3 days off work + 41 great bands = 1 happy Nick

As a consolation prize for anyone who will not be at Union Park, we've decided to put together a festival playlist for each day. My excitement for seeing Man Man is boiling over at this point. Mark my words: Despite them playing at 2:30 pm, and it being 100 degrees, I will be dancing my ass off.

DAY 1
[mp3] Man Man - Feathers
[mp3] Destroyer - Your Blood

[mp3] Silver Jews - Black and Brown Blues
[mp3] The Walkmen - The Rat
[mp3] The Futureheads - Skip to the End
[mp3] Ted Leo & Rx - The Gold Finch And The Red Oak Tree, The

[mp3] Art Brut - Modern Art (acoustic)
[mp3] Mountain Goats - Going to Port Washington
[mp3] Band of Horses - St. Augustine

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friend and I are flying out from L.A. as well. Going to stay through the week though and hit up Lollapalooza too.

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tracks, have a fantastic time.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Oh sure, so what are we supposed to do while you're off having fun, huh? HUH?
Have a blast - we'll expect to hear all about it.

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope to see some of you kids out there. Get on the party train! Too bad work and school are calling us back and we can't stay for Lollapalooza. No fret, it will still be a good time.

Does anybody know of any good pizza spots out there? Chicago-style in the house!

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"St. Augustine" is my favorite track from the Band of Horses. Props on putting that one up.

My name is Lauren and I'm a college radio DJ in NJ where my cohost do a show revolving around indie and alternative rock. We have a lot of fun and play a lot of fantastic music. You should check out the myspace link and drop us a line. <3

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Giordano's pizza. The best.

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home