Saturday, May 13, 2006

Coachella - Day One

A lot has been said about Coachella, and it’s all true. It was hot, and filled with lots of douche bags. Lots of sweat, and way too many shirtless meatheads, forcing my arms into their sweaty sickness, as I waited to hear this or that. My back hurt constantly. My feet were bloody with pain (unfortunately I didn’t read Jax’s list).

However, it was all worth it. Every pain, discomfort and douche bag “Freebird” request, was worth being able to see a wheel barrel full of this year’s greatest music.

Here was our attack on Coachella:
• Animal Collective
• Clap Your Hands Say Yeah (CYHSY tent way to full, run to Deerhoof)
• Deerhoof
• Kanye West
• Sigur Ros
• Devendra Banhart
• Dinner with the Juan Maclean and Franz Ferdinand
• Cat Power
• Rest under the stars listening to Depeche Mode
• Daft Punk


My three years at Coachella have all been such a wonderful experience, shared with friends and loved ones. Recently, there have been people shooting off about the legitimacy of Coachella as a showcase of good music, rather than a stage for bigger names to gain indie cred. These mouths need to be shut, because they're making me nauseous. Coachella, in its desert atmosphere, creates a communal vibe that can’t be felt anywhere else on the West coast. In this way Coachella is a way to bring us all together to enjoy the one interest we all share – music.

...and for good measure a picture of me trying to escape the sun (and James Blunt's vocals) on Day 2.

Previous Post: Coachella Day 2

2 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

hahaha - I hope you had some white noise producing headphones on that bandana, or you may require therapy to deal with the Blunt attack.

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Therapy indeed required. You wouldn't believe the repressed emotions I have to deal with now.

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home