Friday, May 12, 2006

Phil Selway's mother dies, Radiohead reschedule Amsterdam date

From Atease:

"Tonights (May 10) show at the Heineken Music Hall in Amsterdam has been cancelled. We've just been informed of the sad news that Phil Selway's mother has died. The show has been postponed for now. Management stated that a new date is not yet available. However, it looks like the band will reschedule for August 28th."

On the DeadAirSpace board Phil wrote:

"Just wanted to say sorry to the people who were due to come to our show in Amsterdam last night, particularly those who made wasted journeys. My mum died suddenly in the early hours of yesterday morning and so I just wanted to be at home with my family. Mum was a big Radiohead fan, and was very proud of all we've done as a band. I love and miss her very much."

2 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

That's terribly sad news. My heart goes out to Phil and his family.

I'd like to add you to my blogroll, as I really enjoy reading your take on things. I've just noticed I'm on yours as well - thanks for that.
cheers,
Barb

11:03 AM  
Blogger BWH999 said...

Yeah that made me sad as well.

Thanks for the add.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home