Sunday, March 19, 2006

A list for Robert

A friend asked me to make him a list of bands he might enjoy, and being the spectacular human that I am- I whole heartedly agreed.

So that was two weeks ago... I said I'm spectacular, not perfect.

He is a big fan of Pete Doherty and The Sounds, so I'm working with heroin and keyboards. Truthfully I have not looked through his music collection, so I am starting with an obvious list and working my way down from there.

An obvious and potentially insulting list:
The Faint, Bloc Party, Wolf Parade, Thunderbirds Are Now!, The Rapture, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Death From Above 1979, Arctic Monkeys, Iggy Pop

(This is a mandatory list. If some of these bands don't ring a bell, then spend some money and get enlightened. I have about 400 more bands that fit into this category, but I don't want to overwhelm.)

The possibly less known list:
Ratatat, Love Is All*, Hint Hint, The Flesh, The Carny*, The Blood Arm*, Art Brut, Head Automatica*, The Go! Team, The Futureheads*, LCD Soundsystem, !!!, The Rakes*, The Sun*, Le Shok, We Are Wolves
*you will like these for sure

I don't endorse this list (different strokes for different folks):
The Editors, The Cribs, The Briefs, The Lashes, The Subways, Razorlight

You're welcome.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about radiohead and TOOL.

btw nick, check out the new logo and artwork at www.toolband.com

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home