Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Bookslut thinks V for Vendetta is a prude

I've had one of the crappiest days in a while; however, my tagline for this article finally made me smile. V for Vendetta left a somewhat sour taste in my mouth, but I couldn't quite explain why. Thinking back on the movie, I find a handful of major reasons why the adaptation fell short. My shitty day has drained all energy out of me, so I'll let Bookslut explain it to you.

This review is right on the money, and I highly recommend reading more than just this excerpt.

"The moral of the graphic novel isn't just that we must all put on the mask, but that we must all put on the mask and take action. It's a leap that Alan Moore isn't afraid to make, but the Wachowski Brothers are. And that only hurts the film in the end, which is a shame. Because in this day and age, a film unafraid to make people want to stand up could have truly made inroads with a complacent public. Instead, we get a half-decent studio picture released in March, forgotten in April, and sold on DVD in June. Nothing that'll change the world." (Bookslut)

Additionally, read the Alan Moore interview, which discusses the graphic novel and the film adaptation.

1 Comments:

Anonymous sexshoptienda.net said...

This won't actually have effect, I suppose like this.

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home