Friday, March 03, 2006

Nick Sylvester gets punk'd

So we obviously didn't crack this story (that would be fucking awesome if we did though), but I thought I would share it with you people anyway. I'll preface this by saying I'm pissed off at Pitchfork Media.

If you don't know Nick Sylvester writes for The Village Voice and is an associate editor for Pitchfork. So apparently Nick wrote a phony article for the Village Voice that came back to kick him in the ass. For better details than I can give, check out this article in The Gothamist. The kicker to this story is that Pitchfork asked Nick to quit his job with them (which he did), and so now he is both "suspended" from The Village Voice and fired from Pitchfork. What the fuck?

The article sounded like it was funny and ironic. It's not like he covered up some Republican scandal. Oh wait then he wouldn't be in any trouble at all. It was about a dating book called The Game for God's sake. Plus why does Pitchfork need to get all high and mighty about this issue? They make it sound like he's Nixon resigning from office.

I hope this turns out to be a bad episode of Punk'd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home