Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Reasons to lose hope.

I'm starting to feel like Andy Rooney (aka grumpy old man). Everything I see or read pisses me off. I don't understand why the whole world decided to get a collective lobotomy. Where has logic gone? That isn't meant as a rhetorical question. I really want to know what universal head trauma occurred to homosapiens, which caused these things to happen:

1. The Da Vinci Code: How does a nation come to the understanding that a dime novelist (Dan Brown) somehow stumbled upon the keys to the universe? The man has a 300-word vocabulary. Although he does refer to events in history (only picked it up once, but I know Da Vinci and the New Testament are wrapped up in it somehow), it does not make it anymore historically valid than any other fiction. These are simple concepts that I hope our readers understand; however, a legion of Christians and Atheists feel the fate of human history is at stake over this book. Let the fiery debate begin.

Atheist: Oh man Dan Brown totally just rocked Christianity. How can you believe in Jesus anymore?

Christian: Oh my gosh Dan Brown just toppled my understanding of the Bible. My life is over. I better go burn my copy of The Da Vinci Code.

If people used this kind of brainpower getting dressed in the morning, everyone would be wearing underwear on their heads.


Part II coming soon... Republican Scandals

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home