Thursday, April 20, 2006

Sparklehorse finally returns

Walking down the hall today, an intern turned and asked, "what ever happened to Sparklehorse?" Well now I have an answer. According to Pitchfork ,we should be finally seeing a follow-up to 2001's It's a Wonderful Life sometime in September! Joy.

"The band's website reports that most of the currently untitled album was made "in the style of VivaDixie/Good Morning Spider by Mark[Linkous, songwriter and Sparklehorse leader]alone in Static King Studio." The rest of it was "mixed at Smart Studio in Madison, Wisconsin with Danger Mouse and engineered by Alan Weatherhead and Bo Sorenson." With all those details, how could it possibly be postponed?

And like a kindergarten report card that includes the comment "plays well with others," the album features collaborations with Danger Mouse, Christian Fennesz, Sophie Michalitsianos, Johnny Hott, Scott Minor, Stephen Drozd of the Flaming Lips, and super-producer/past collaborator Dave Fridmann as well as an unreleased song from It's a Wonderful Life with Tom Waits on piano. Whoa!"
(PF)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It that all I am? Just some anonymous intern? I AM NOT ANONYMOUS. I'm gonna burn this mother down.

5:35 PM  
Blogger BWH999 said...

hahaha... intern #3 actually. I was going to give you a name, but then I would have to explain that you were not my other friend Spencer. Seemed like a pain in the ass. You can just call me runner now if you wish.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Will said...

I've been curious as to whether we would ever get to hear this album. Pitchfork's comments were rather hilarious.

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home