Monday, February 27, 2006

Wolves of the Night

From the depth of Toronto (or maybe Montreal) comes Wolves of the Night. They're one part noise, two parts pop and a dash of indie. They don't have a record label as of yet, but I'm sure they'll build a solid underground following with their numerous self-distributed 7 inches and CDRs.

Ok so I'm completely full of shit, but how many more Wolf bands can possible surface.

Here is the list I have so far (in order of personal importance):

1) Wolf Parade

2) Wolf Eyes

3) We Are Wolves

4) Guitar Wolf

5) Wolfmother

6) Sea Wolf

I can see the appeal of making the elusive wolf your band mascot, but I think at this point the well has run dry.

Love,

Ferrall

P.S. I happen to love all these bands so don't get all pissy. I'm just pointing out this strange phenomenon.

P.P.S. If you want to get free marketing put wolf (and or wolves) in your band name.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home