Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Let's Go Bowling

Can I get an upgrade? Here are some of your favorite acts (and not so favorite) that are upgrading their live show to the infamous, world renowned, overpriced, landmark in open air theater – the Hollywood Bowl. Go get your trip hop on with gramps. Maybe he’ll even bring you down to the box seats with him and granny.



7/6/06 - Belle & Sebastian w/ LA Philharmonic (w/ The Shins) (tix)
7/23/06 - The Flaming Lips (w/ Thievery Corporation, Os Mutantes) (tix)
7/31/06 - Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young (tix)
8/2/06 - Al Green (tix)
8/27/06 - Gotan Project, Zero 7 (w/ Jose Gonzalez, Sia, Herbert) (tix)
8/28/06 - Dave Matthews Band (tix)
9/10/06 – Willie Nelson (w/ Ryan Adams, Neko Case) (tix)
9/23/06 - Totally '80s w/ the Human League, The Psychedelic Furs, ABC (tix)
9/24/06 – Massive Attack (w/ TV on the Radio) (tix)

3 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

That's disheartening, isn't it? I hate dome shows. Give me a little standing-only, all-ages venue and I will be dancing with the scenester kids and loving every minute. It's especially disappointing to see some favourite musicians heading to a place like the Hollywood Bowl.

I've already told your blog partner about this, but if you want to see a band (whom I love dearly) whose mandate is to keep ticket prices as low as possible to ensure inclusiveness, please check out:
the Constantines
Jun 10 - Los Angeles - SPACELAND

They put on the best live show I have ever seen in my life.

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to go to Dave Matthew at the Bowl. Am i tooooo old. The Mom

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the bowl is sweet. It's great a place to get drunk for cheap. And we all know booze makes music better.

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home