Thursday, August 03, 2006

Ratatat is Coming...

As a follow up to their, dancing gem of a debut LP, Ratatat have explored some new directions and named their sophmore album Classics. At this point I have only plucked a few tracks off hype machine, but I'm pretty certain that I'm going to love this album.

There is the standard Ratatat synth joy in "Wild Cats" - topped with a cheeky Cougar sample looping through the track. It's a song that could easily fit into S/T, but is fresh enough to find a home in Classics. The truly new material comes during "Tropicana," where the melodies drop back a few decades. Both GvB and BAFD pointed out the Beatles connections, so I don't want to rip them off, but it's pretty much out their in the open. The track is able to pick up on the magic of a drugged out Beatles song, and convert it to Euro pop. Can't wait to pick up the album on August 22nd (same day as my dentist appointment... yay).

[mp3] Ratatat - Tropicana
[mp3] Ratatat - Wild Cats

Go see Ratatat in LA:

9/20/06 Troubadour

If no one is dancing at the Troubadour, I think I might quit this blog.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

please don't... but then again, who the hell dances at shows in los angeles. Bastards... i'm always the 'tard dancing like crazy during the sets.

2:25 PM  
Blogger the_KING said...

I'll dance with you. Let's start a revolution.

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on! dance disaster movement (ahhh shameless promotion) let's dance!

2:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home